Please read your Invoice and other documents carefully, as well as any accompanying emails from us which may impose other conditions relating to your booking.
You must check all details on the documents that we send you and advise us in writing if there any errors or omissions. No responsibility can be taken if names are not correct as per passport, or dates and other information is not correct
Deposits: Please note that we are unable to check availability or confirm accommodation prior to booking your flights, as often this accommodation is subject to instant purchase And availability can change without notice . Once the international flights are confirmed you will be required to pay a deposit and we can then request your accommodation. Hotel bookings are often very heavy and availability can change in minutes and without notice. It would therefore be pointless to check on hotel availabilities without actually putting a hold on the accommodation based on the flights you are holding, as by the time you came back to us the accommodation may have been sold to someone else. To request accommodation a deposit is required, however payment of this deposit does not guarantee availability until such time as we receive the confirmation from the supplier and when you receive the written advise from us. In the event that the accommodation you requested is not available and if there is no other alternative acceptable to you, you will receive a refund of the deposit paid (airfares however are non-refundable) less any currency and/or bank fees. On confirmation of your accommodation we will reconfirm the total cost.
On confirmation by us of the complete booking, you will be advised of:
- Final payment requirements and any special conditions.
- Documentation requirements.
Important Notice regarding your eMAIL address. It is essential that you advise us in writing at time of booking of your correct eMAIL address. All communications and documents will be sent to that email address. If you change your email address you must advise us by email of that new address and receive an acknowledgement (not an automated response) from us that we have received your notification. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, that means that we have not received your advice and you will need to resend.
You must ensure that your anti-spam filters are not blocking our email and if you have any doubts or problems please consult your Internet provider or IT specialist. Hideaway Holidays will not be responsible for any emails that you do not receive due to anti spam settings on your computer, server Internet provider or any other reason.
Full Payment is required at the time of our confirmation to you. In some cases at our discretion we may allow an extended payment schedule however in this case you will be subject to currency exchange rate fluctuations which may result in a significantly higher final cost to you. We strongly suggest that full payment be made immediately on receipt of the confirmation/invoice for your package, as prices may vary due to currency fluctuation irrespective of which currency your quote is based on.
All holidays are based on content priced in non Australian currencies and therefore the price quoted to you is subject to change.
If we offer you the facility of not paying full cost of the package at the time of your booking, you will be subject to any price changes that may occur by your payment date. The currency surcharge, if applicable, will apply on the total cost. You will not be automatically advised of currency related increases as these changes do occur on a regular basis. Please check with us on the day of your intended final payment to verify if there has been price increase. If you fail to do so and you make a payment based on an earlier invoice you will re-invoiced for any additional costs, if such has occurred. Agents booking a package on behalf of their clients must check with Hideaway Holidays/Paradise Adventures and Cruises by email regarding any price variation, before collecting final payments from their client. Booking will be deemed to be not fully paid until any additional costs are paid.
In some cases, at time of booking, we may allow you to pay the airfare and a deposit only, with the balance payable at a later date. You will be subject to currency surcharges that may have occurred on the day of final payment. At any time, we reserve the right to bring forward the date of final payment if this is deemed necessary due to operational reasons. In this case 7 days, or less notice may be given where an earlier payment date is required. Failure to pay the balance by the new deadline will result in cancellation with no refund of any amounts paid..
Names as per passport: When requesting a reservation, names must be advised as per passport, clearly identifying the Last Name and the First Name in that order (do not include any middle names unless you are going to the USA, in which case the Middle Name is also required).
When we confirm the booking to you, the names on the ‘Booking Advice’ and Invoice will be in the form:
Last Name, First Name
The Middle Name is also required for all bookings to the US and territories.
It is essential that you check carefully these details (including child ages on the date of travel) on the ‘Booking Advice’ and Invoice that you receive from us.
You must also check the flight details (dates and times) and accommodation / transportation details.
If there is any discrepancy you must notify us immediately in writing. In the event that names and other details are incorrect, airline tickets and documents will need to be re-issued at a very substantial additional cost to you. We will not take any responsibility for tickets issued as a result of our prior communications not being checked by you for correctness.
Please be aware that if booking an unborn child that a name change may be required once the infant has been named. An additional airline fee may be applied for the name change and this will be dependant on airline policy.
Any name changes that are required after ticket issue will be subject to an airline amendment fee.
Booking Fees – the following fees apply to all bookings:
- Late Payment fee (where customer pays finals after close of business on the due date) $33 per file provided it is the same itinerary. Any extra fees charged by suppliers are additional plus any adjustments or fees that may apply on any components.
- Late Booking FEE (applies for any bookings made within 7 days of departure) $60 per file, or a higher depending on the amount of administration involved.
- Amendment Fees – minimum $55 per amendment per file (plus any fees levied by suppliers). In addition, re-issue of airline tickets will incur a charge of $55 per ticket/sector plus the airline re-issue fee and additional airfare, if applicable. Please follow above link for further details.
- Airline Only Booking Fee – a minimum fee of $55 per person per sector applies if flights need to be booked and tickets issued (or re-issued) and where where a minimum of 5 nights accommodation is not booked. This fee is in addition to any airline re-issue fees and all fees must be paid in advance. In addition a Guest Contact Service Fee of a minimum of $35 per person per occurrence will apply.
- Early Documentation Fee – documents will be sent approximately 2 to 3 weeks prior to commencement date, if not earlier. Please ensure that you have provided us with your correct email address for us to send your documents by email. If you require documents to be sent earlier than the 2 to 3 weeks prior to the commencement date, an additional fee of $55 per file will apply. The early release of documents will be at our discretion and may not be always possible.
- Paper Documentation Fees – minimum of $55 per file where you require us to print out your travel documents. This is per occurrence.
- Air only booking fees- $15 per person per sector including those through our on-line airline booking engine where there is no Hideaway/Paradise land content (minimum 3 nights).
- Checked Luggage Fee- Some airlines charge an additional fee for checked luggage. If checked luggage requested at time of booking we will book it for you at an extra fee of 20%. We are unable to assist you with adding checked luggage after your flight reservations have been made and in this case you will need to contact the airline directly..
- Duplicate Documentation Fee where duplicate document(s) are requested, a fee of $55 per file applies per occurrence.
- Credit Card Fees (where payment is by CC) Visa/MasterCard 2% Amex/Diners the fee is 3%.
Any additional fees charged for Credit Card payments by phone or on-line will be added to your account.
- International Payments (customer is responsible for all fees charged by bank(s) when making payments from overseas) –this fee will be added to your account.
- Rebooking Fees for Airline Tickets– payment for air tickets is required in cleared funds before tickets are issued. If payment is made by non-cleared funds an additional fee of $55 (per booking) applies plus any additional airfare, tax and airline fee. If applicable this fee will be automatically added to your account.
- A Fee of $55 per occasion will apply for those requiring verification of cancellation penalties where you have not taken out travel insurance through us.This request to us must be by email and payment made before verification is provided..
- Supplier’s Credit Card Fee (where supplier needs to be paid by CC) –5% of the amount payable to supplier.
- Dishonour Fees –$55 per occurrence plus any fees charged by suppliers or airlines are additional.
Where fees are ‘per file’ this is defined where all travellers are doing the same itinerary. Where different itineraries are involved these will be treated as separate files. All supplier fees are additional.
If your payment has been made by credit card we are unable to reverse the charge should you decide at a later time that you wish to pay by bank transfer.
Our office hours are normally Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm (Sydney time) excluding Public Holidays. If the advertised ‘Book By’ date falls on a non work day, then bookings must be made by 12 noon on the previous work day.
Special Note regarding Travel Agents Licensing.
As from 01 July 2014 -The Australian travel industry has been deregulated. This means the compulsory membership of the Australian Travel Compensation Fund and Travel Agents Licensing is no longer required by Australian travel agents.
Your legal rights now fall under the protection of the Office of Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs in each State. Travel agents now come under the laws governed by each State’s jurisdictions.
For your benefit the management team here have all been in the travel industry for many years. We operate a secure Trust Account where your money is kept until we pay our suppliers. At no time are your funds made available for any use other than your travel services.