Do you want a wedding with a difference? Invite a Live Volcano and have the hottest wedding of the year.
White Grass Ocean Resort on the Island of Tanna, in Vanuatu offers this unique experience. Imagine, this the most important day of your life becoming also the most memorable, as you join in matrimony under a star-filled night, relatives and friends fathered to the sounds of soft rhythmic tribal chants.
The place is Yasur Volcano, the most accessible volcano in the world! The resort has taken unique weddings to a new height literally! The first wedding on the crest of Mt. Yasur Volcano.
This extraordinary event was held with a background of erupting magna accompanied by tribal music and dance. Bride and Groom commented: "We were blown away at the efficient and smooth outcome of such an event. Our wedding was the most intimate yet the greatest show on earth rolled into one. We don't think anything in our lives will come close, what a beginning to married bliss!"
The resort also organises weddings on elevated coral bluffs with sweeping ocean views or under the shade of a giant 100 year old banyan tree the size of a cathedral. Each wedding is meticulously co-ordinated to fulfil the dreams of the most intimate romantic or extrovert couples.
The added advantage of Tanna Island is that it has all the ingredients for a perfect honeymoon. A kaleidoscope of activities such as horse riding in ancient rainforest, untouched pristine beaches, canoeing volcanic/coral coves, trekking through lush grass plains inhabited by wild horses; snorkelling in isolated coral bays teeming with marine life; visiting joyous and welcoming tribal villages where time has stood still for centuries.
Tanna Island's magic will be etched in your memories forever; a very special place for a very special time of your life. In a world of increasing conformity, the resort sets out to be as individual as you are. You're invited to a world of extraordinary diversity, discovery and friendship.
WEDDING PACKAGE: The White Grass Ocean Resort’s Wedding Package includes:
• Your exciting journey begins with the resorts’ dedicated Wedding co-ordinator meeting you at the airport with welcome floral leis and VIP transfers to White Grass Ocean Resort.
• Check in at the resort is over a cool drink, followed by an orientation tour of the resort and discussions and plans for the wedding day such as choosing your the ceremony location, which of course can be the volcano (weather permitting) or other gorgeous locations like the private beach; authentic tribal village; unique coral bluff overlooking the ocean or in the resorts’ exotic tropical gardens.
• All official registration, licence and celebrant fees.
• Melanesian serenaders to escort the bride to the ceremony area and announce her arrival with the traditional conch shell. Serenaders also play with the bride and groom, sign their wedding certificate and have their champagne toast.
• Handmade wedding leis made with tropical flowers.
• French champagne for the toast
• A very special wedding memento gift to remember your wedding with us forever.
• A dinner for two (two course chef’s selection) in a secluded romantic setting.
• And the “piece de resistance” – our fantastic French wedding cake, the Croquembouche.
BRING YOUR FAMILY AND
FRIENDS AND STAY FREE….
FOR EVERY 10 GUESTS THE 11TH GUEST IS FREE.
OTHER OPTIONAL EXTRAS SUCH AS FLORAL BOUQUETS, BUTTON HOLES, PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO ARE AVAILABLE ON APPLICATION.
8 weeks notice of wedding date is required at which time the Notice of Intended Marriage form must be submitted.
available from the resort.
Weddings are only performed Mon-Fri. and excluding Public Holidays.
If you are planning on
Vanuatu in 2012-2013
checkout our fantastic specials.
Vanuatu - Islands of Adventure
Located in Sydney, Australia
Call our reservations team now
02 8799 2500 (in Australia)
or 61-2-8799 2500 (outside Australia) or
for important consumer information. Details and
Prices subject to change. Copyright © 1997 - 2012