|How to get to the Solomon Islands?||
|M.V. Bilikiki and Spirit of Solomons|
|Uepi Island (Marovo Lagoon)|
|Gizo & Munda|
Rarely will you see such high concentrations of fish, sponges and corals in such a
diverse environment, ranging from lagoon coral gardens to vertical drop-offs of over 600
metres. All within the confines of a 3km reef line. Because of the location of Uepi Island
with its barrier reef on the edge of a large extinct volcano, the clarity of the water is
exceptional and the water temperature is around 27 degrees Celsius.
DIVING SITES AT UEPI ISLAND RESORT
● UEPI POINT - exceptional diving only 100m from the resort, depth 6 - 32m.
● UEPI PIER - 2 minutes from the resort is one one of the most exciting shore dives to be seen, max depth 35m.
● LANDORO GARDENS, rolling coral hills15 minutes by dive boat is all it takes to reach the farthest destination, depth 12 -27m.
There are 10 other dive sites, each quite separate in their own distinctive qualities. Diving and Accommodation Packages at Uepi Island
Dive Package at UEPI ISLAND AU$73
per dive as at 1 April 2011. Includes: tank, weight
belt, weights, boat and driver, dive guide.
|TOA MARU - a 450' Japanese transport ship in 18 - 37m of water. Virtually intact and contains many fascinating artefacts.||
● Single Dive US$32 includes tank, weights, belt and guide or US$48 includes all equipment
● 2 Dives US$75 includes all equipment
● Resort Course US$60 includes all equipment
● Certification Course (NAUI, PADI) US$275 includes log book, registration, boat dives, scuba gear and all tuition. Does not include medical exam, or photo.
|GRAND CENTRAL STATION - Abundance of colourful coral and big fish.|
|HELL CAT - American fighter plane shot down in 1943, intact at 12m.|
|SUPERMARKET - A reef well stocked with marine life.|
|CORSAIR - A mystery American fighter plane in 27m.|
|KENNEDY WALL - Steep drop-off packed with coral and fish.|
|TOKUYO MARU II - Japanese fishing boat intact in 35m sank in 1988.|
|NARU WALL - Excellent wall with pelagic fish, rays and turtles.|
|ZERO - Japanese fighter plane in 10m of water.|
|PEAK HOUR - Large pinnacle always busy with fish life.|
|THE SECRET SPOT - Sivertip encounters that will excite the more experienced diver.|
Solomon Sea Divers - Munda
Working out of the delightful resort of Agnes Lodge in Munda and situated on the beautiful Roviana Lagoon, Solomon Sea Divers has gained a reputation for professional service and excellent diving. Situated just two minutes from the airport, Solomon Sea Divers caters to the travelling diver in addition to being keen diving educators. As a registered PADI Centre, they offer highly professional instruction in a full range of PADI courses. Dive shop amenities include classroom and modern teaching facilities, high quality hire equipment and repair workshop. Dives are available 7 days per week and night dives on request. Some of the finest diving in the South Pacific can be experienced in this area, particularly majestic wall dives, coral gardens and big fish action. WW II wrecks include a Japanese freighter, Douglas Dive Bomber, Corsair and Nell Bomber.
Solomon Islands Home Page